BOOK REVIEWS, INTERVIEWS, ARTICLES
To inquire about interviews, cover images, reviews or articles, please email Susan Cushman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends of the Library Press
- Friends of the Library made the Fall/Winter Reading List in Deep South Magazine, Fall 2019
- “Six Books in Three Years: An Indie Publishing Journey” published in Women’s Writers, Women’s Books October 3, 2019
- Review of Friends of the Library in the Jackson, Mississippi, Clarion Ledger, August 25, by Tracy Carr, Library Services Director of the Mississippi Library Commission.
- “Live at 9” on WREG TV Channel 3 in Memphis on August 23, with Marybeth Conley and Alex Coleman, for Friends of the Library.
- Interview in The Memphis Flyer, August 22, 2019
- Review of Friends of the Library in The Prairies Book Review, July 27, 2019.
- Interview by Allen Mendenhall in Southern Literary Review, June 27, 2019.
- Review of Friends of the Library by Niles Reddick in Southern Literary Review, June 25, 2019.
Press for Susan’s Other Works
- Review at Alabama Writers’ Forum by Donna Estill.
- Review by Don Noble of BOOKMARK for Tuscaloosa news.
- September 15, 2018: Interview with Allen Mendenhall in Southern Literary Review,
- August 23, 2018: “An Imperfect Art,” by Debbie Jacob in Trinidad and Tobago
- July 9, 2018: The Literary South – Review by Melanie Lee Dragger on May 16, 2018
- Chapter 16 – Review by Ed Tarkington on April 27, 2018 Against Professional Southerners” (also in Memphis Commercial Appeal on April 27) Lemuria Bookstore Blog/Jackson
- Review by Jim Ewing on April 29, 2018 – “Southern writers share secrets, stories, in new anthology”
- Oxford Magazine – “There’s Something About The South” – Interview – May/June 2018 issue
- Video of panel at Lemuria Books, Jackson, Mississippi, on May 2, 2018, with Susan Cushman, John Floyd, and Jim Dees (video credit to Steve Yates at University Press of Mississippi)
- Susan’s interview for CHERRY BOMB on WZKR Super Talk radio in Meridian, Mississippi on November 29, 2017
- Susan’s author page on Mississippi Writers and Musicians
- Interview on Mississippi Writers’ Pathways: “Susan Cushman: Prolific and Courageous and Transparent”
- Review in Southern Libraries journal by Michele Frasier-Robinson SUMMER 2018 (Vol. 81, No. 2, page 45).
- Review of CHERRY BOMB on Claire Fullerton’s blog: “CHERRY BOMB” March 4,
- Review on the Southern Literary Review by Niles Reddick (September 26, 2017) “…reads like the work of a master
….It deserves a literary prize.”
- Compassionate, Real, and Heartbreaking” (5 STARS)
- “This beautifully written book that is both real and redemptive” (5 STARS)
- “Rich story of redemption and expression” (4 STARS) This also appeared in the Jackson, Mississippi Clarion Ledger on August 7, 2017
- Oxford (MS) HottyToddy.com, March 1, 2017: “Writing to Remember: An Author’s Depiction of Her Mother’s Alzheimer’s”
- Jackson (MS)
Clarion Ledger, March 2, 2017: “Jackson native writes about mother with Alzheimer’s”
- Oxford, (MS) Daily Mississippian, March 3, 2017: “Blogger and author Susan Cushman brings ‘Tangles and Plaques’ to Square Books: “A Daughter’s Story” “Personal Look at Alzheimer’s and Caregiving”
- Nashville (TN) Chapter 16, March 23, 2017: “Giving Birth to Ourselves: Memphis’ Susan Cushman has curated a collection of essays by women, for women”
- Memphis (TN) Commercial Appeal, March 26, 2017: “In ‘A Second Blooming’ Susan Cushman gathers women’s voices”
- November 5, 2013: Article/interview by Jessica Jones in Gulf Coast Newspapers, “Making the Most Out of Workshops and Conferences,”
- Guest editorial in the Memphis Commercial Appeal.
- Faith Matters: “Memphis woman writes about
unusualjourney from Southern Presbyterian to Eastern Orthodox”
- Faithinmemphis: “Cushman: Finding Balance in Orthodoxy.”