Using Your Spiritual Life to Inform Your Fiction
I am honored to be asked to lead an online writing workshop on April 1 (7-8:15 p.m. CST) hosted by Catholic Literary Arts. This will be a Zoom class, limited to ten students, who will each have the opportunity to submit a manuscript to me for critiquing after the class. The class is for writers at any level who are interested in the junction between their spiritual lives and their writing, especially fiction.
What will the class include?
- Susan’s spiritual journey and published fiction.
- How Susan’s journey influenced her fiction
- Flannery O’Connor and Pope John Paul II.
- Other sources of inspiration and influence.
- Tips for Writing a Short Story or Novel.
- Writing exercise (15 minutes).
- Information about submitting manuscripts for critique.